Quinoa Salad with Green Leaves Recipe
Looking for a quick and delicious dish that is bursting with flavour from fresh and simple ingredients? Try out our Quinoa Salad with Green Leaves!
Ingredients (serving 4):
- 1 cup of Hunter’s Gourmet Organic Quinoa well rinsed (available at Kibsons.com, Carrefour and Union Coop. to name a few retailers)
- 6 large fresh radishes sliced thinly
- 3 tomatoes sliced
- 2 cucumbers sliced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
- 4 cups of green leaves (baby kale leaves/baby spinach or any other green leaves you prefer)
- Salt & Pepper
- Cook the quinoa: Rinse, then add 1 cup of quinoa to 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce to low heat, cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes, fluff with a fork.
- Put the sliced radishes in a small bowl and add 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice, the pinch of salt and pepper. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes and toss occasionally.
- Whisk together the remaining 2 teaspoons lemon juice with the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss the quinoa, green leaves, sliced cucumbers and tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the lemon-olive oil dressing. (Taste and add a bit more dressing if required.)
- Place the quinoa in the fridge for 15 minutes before serving if you prefer it to be cold.