Gourmet Burger Recipe
This Vegetarian and Gluten-Free Big Juicy Beet Patty Recipe from @joyfulhomecooking will leave you wanting more!
“So what’s inside this burger?
For starters, everything from the glistening buns to the red juicy beet patty is made by me💪🏼. The beet patty is jam-packed with nutritious flavors like cheese, quinoa, and BEETS!
It also includes a hint of citrus🍋to add a tantalizing zesty flavor into the mix. The mouthwatering combination of flavors is lip-smacking good😋.
They’re going to make you quit regular burgers once and for all.” @joyfulhomecooking
- 2 cups (beets, peeled and cubed)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of Hunter’s Gourmet Organic Quinoa
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 4–8 tbsp. oat flour
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
Beet Patty Preparation
- Pre-heat oven at 350°F/180° C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- Add salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Cook the quinoa and set it aside.
- Steam the beets on low-heat inside a covered steamer basket. Steam until the texture is fork-tender.
- Chuck the beets in a food processor and pulse 2-3 times. (Try not to mash them!)
- Mix everything into a bowl and stir well.
- Add more oats if the mixture feels too mushy.
- Use your hands/cup to mold the beet patty.
- Bake for 15 min, then flip over to bake the other side for 15 more mins.