When you choose to work with Hunter Foods, you choose to work with one of the fastest growing and most innovative gourmet food & snack companies in the Middle East. We are looking for dedicated and dynamic self-starters to join us in making Hunter Foods even better in the years to come.
Our unique corporate culture bridges diversity and enforces community; when you are with us, you are family. When you leave for the day, we want you to know the time and energy you have spent with us has had a direct impact on our company.
If you enjoy snacks and would like to be a part of a busy team where everyone is valued and respected, consider a career with Hunter Foods!
We are hiring a Quality Manager
• To lead the quality function for the site ensuring legislative compliance to food safety within a manufacturing environment.
• To interface directly with the local/international customers regarding compliance to food safety and quality issues.
• To ensure that procedures are in place to manage food safety and quality systems e.g. HACCP, GMP.
• To interface with external bodies with regards to compliance audits e.g. Dubai Municipality/Trakhees, (Global Companies Walmart/Dunkin Donut/Subway etc.,) & follow up any non-conformances with robust, timely action plans and knowledge of local requirements related to trading items (imports & exports).
• To lead Technical, Hygiene, Technical Services and Process Teams. Budget planning related to the Quality & New Product Development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• To develop and maintain a close working relationship with customer, whether on or off site. It is critical that confidence is established through clear and timely communication, decisive actions based on sound evidence and judgment and a positive attitude to resolving any issues which may arise.
• To ensure technical activities on site are robustly structured and managed in such a way as to comply with relevant industry standards (including BRC Global Standard v7), corporate guidelines and all associated retailer codes of practice.
• To ensure that departmental expenditure is regularly reviewed and managed, with exceptions reported to next level management with robust action plans to address.
• To ensure new product development programmes run to agreed timescales and generate appropriate costing information. Critical path management for product approval, artwork, technical verification (nutritional/micro) and verification of key brand values.
• Ensuring regular reviews are held with the direct team members, including performance reviews, one to ones and updating and maintaining of relevant training matrices.
• To ensure that all aspects of site hygiene and GMP are effective via structured and systematic auditing with resultant robust corrective actions plans. This must involve a regular presence on the factory floor.
• To facilitate stringent process and finished product controls via the effective management of a robust HACCP system which is audited against and reviewed on a scheduled basis.
• To provide the relevant input into technical specifications for equipment or plant performance, if required, to ensure that required standards are met.
• To actively promote a Safety culture and ensure all Health and Safety requirements are met.
• To investigate new technology and innovations and their possible application within the group.
• To Carry out ad hoc projects as business needs change, E.g. Process Improvement (QMS), value initiative, customer driven projects, involvement with site action teams and packaging performance.
• To ensure that the site has robust operating procedures that are regularly reviewed. These should be sufficient to provide appropriate levels of confidence against Quality Alerts, and should any improvements be required these should be undertaken within a short timescale.
• To ensure that the customers systems for specification management are maintained.
• Ensure balanced decisions are made which satisfy internal site demands without compromising product quality or site integrity.
• Know when and how to escalate decisions and how to control the ensuing chain of events.
• All decisions based on sound scientific judgement, rather than guesswork.
Resilience, never gives up.
Relentless, proactive focus on reducing business costs Good knowledge of own numbers and always has a plan to meet or exceed targets without being asked
Brilliant Execution, Using thinking skills to analyse, decide, prioritize and plan.
Can balance short term requirements with long term objectives to achieve commercial goals. Communication and Influencing Skills, able to influence people at all levels, internal and external, through listening and adjusting communication style to meet the needs of the audience.
Customer Focused, understands the customer better than anyone else in the food business. Always seeking to improve quality and service for our internal / external stakeholders.
Team Player, works with colleagues to do what is best for the Company as a whole, ahead of divisional, department or personal goals.
Leadership, puts the team first.
Owns results of self and team, inspires others to follow through involvement, coaching, setting direction and performance standards.
Ideally degree educated, Food Science/Technology or Microbiology qualification preferred
Proven experience at a similar level in food manufacturing, ideally snacks & high risk foods would suit an existing Technical Manager, or high calibre Quality Manager looking for the next step-up Man-management experience
Process/Product Development experience would be beneficial
Excellent communication/presentation skills will be essential as daily dialogue will need to be maintained
Good working knowledge of Dubai Municipality Food Safety Code/Trakhees, HACCP and preferably BRC Global Standard (ideally version 7)
Interested by this position? Do you want to join our team?
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the below form with the reference: HFL-JD-QM-02.
Apply for Vacancies
- +971 (0)4 8816279
- Hunter Foods Limited FZCO.
P.O. BOX 17022, Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai, U.A.E